*Sets up with one trekking or other pole (Not included, eg:
* 300g (excluding pole)
* Micro buckles connect harness to cape for easy installation and removal.
* Full 360 Degree protection when set up as a shelter or worn as rain gear.
* Full Zippered Entrance makes entering and exiting the shelter a snap.
* Adjustable Vestibule Height allows you increase ventilation while maintaining adequate rain protection.
* Side Hooks for shortening the long sides when worn as a cape.
* Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights depending upon conditions.
* Integrated Map / Night Stash Pocket with zipper closure to keep stuff contained. Pocket also doubles as the stuff sack.
* Center Pole Support significantly improves the ability of the shelter to handle wind and snow loads.
* Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 30 denier Silicone Nylon.
* Extremely Easy Setup requires only six stakes.
The Gatewood Cape's unique 360 Degree Protection provides full coverage either when worn as a cape or used as a shelter. Unlike ponchos, capes don't have long slits along the sides. While the poncho may allow for more ventilation, it does little to keep out wind blown rain. Dual zipper pulls on the front of the Gatewood Cape allow you to regulate ventilation while still providing full protection. Plus, the open skirted design allows fresh air to enter the bottom.
As a shelter, the Gatewood Cape provides significantly enhanced protection when compared to your typical poncho/tarp. Its design easily sheds rain or snow and wind simply flows around it. Any sudden change in wind direction in the middle of the night won't leave you scrambling to re-orient your shelter or force you deeper into your bivy.
Unlike a tarp setup that invariably leaves one or more sides exposed, the Gatewood Cape is a shaped tarp and eliminates all exposed sides, leaving you safe and secure.
Shaped tarps are significantly easier to pitch correctly. The center pole with 6 stakes anchors the shelter rock solid to the ground. The taut setup eliminates the noise of sides flapping in the breeze common with poorly pitched tarps.
There is plenty of room for you and your gear. Depending upon conditions, you can even adjust the vestibule to different heights to increase ventilation. A long zipper on the vestibule makes opening and closing the shelter a snap.